We all know how important it is to keep hydrated. With sunshine, high temperatures and not to mention the humidity we have been experiencing lately, keeping up your water intake can be hard. Here’s a tip: Slice a piece of lemon and ginger or perhaps a little fresh mint or cucumber and add to your drinking bottle first thing in the morning. Take it with you to throughout the day. If you’re coming to class, sip water during class and drink steadily throughout the day after your practice. If you really don’t ‘do’ water try a little coconut water which is rich in essential electrolytes and will help keep you feeling good and replaces what you lost in sweat and respiration.
Other top tips:
1. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning – it’s important to restock your body’s water supply as soon as you wake up
2. If you get bored of the taste of water, eat water-rich fruit such as watermelon and cantaloupe melon – it’s certainly a tastier way of getting your water intake!
3. Similarly, drinking smoothies and natural fruit juices will help you hydrate too
4. Drink at least one glass of water with each meal
5. Try to limit (or cut out completely) drinks that dehydrate you, such as coffee and alcohol
6. Always have a water bottle to hand so you can sip throughout the day!
7. Dissolve a rehydration sachet in water and drink this after practising a hot class. This is a great way to stay hydrated. The sachets contain vital sodium, potassium, and other important electrolytes and nutrients we sweat out!
Be Well, Feel Well x
Share this Post